HUNTINGsmart! USA Knowledge Base
Module 15 - CONTINUING A GREAT TRADITION
A responsible hunter has the knowledge and skills to hunt and kill game animals with confidence and accuracy to minimize their suffering. They also consider their effect on wildlife populations, on the environment and on landowners. This is big picture thinking—the whole enchilada.
So before you can call yourself responsible, make darn sure that you:
- Understand animal population concerns.
- Recognize wildlife management objectives.
- Have the skills, knowledge and equipment to recover and make use of the game you kill.
- Have accounted for any landowner concerns.
- Have the skills, knowledge and equipment to make clean kills and practice fair chase.